MGE: MANAGEMENT EXPERTS, INC.
MGE ONLINE TRAINING
Welcome to the MGE online training portal! The purpose of this document is to provide you with 1) an overview of MGE online training and 2) the student guidelines so you know what is expected of you as a student while in the online training portal. Please read the guidelines carefully prior to signing them, and feel free to ask us any questions that you may have.
TRAINING IN THE MGE ONLINE LEARNING PORTAL
Unlike traditional seminar or classroom style learning, the MGE online training portal employs a unique training methodology designed to maximize information retention and enhance application while allowing a student to progress at their own individual pace.
MGE currently delivers 8 courses in the online training portal, and an additional 24 courses in our onsite courseroom, each with the purpose of helping business owners and their teams learn the skills they need to grow their businesses, increase efficiency, productivity, and profitability and improve customer experience and overall workplace satisfaction.
The majority of MGE courseroom and online training (and the MGE program as a whole) is based on the highly acclaimed Hubbard Management System developed by American philosopher, L. Ron Hubbard. This system has been the backbone of MGE’s programs for over two decades and has produced consistently outstanding client results throughout this period.
Studying in the MGE online training portal is not just “reading a book, doing some exercises and passing a test.” It’s a dynamic experience aimed at maximizing your ability to learn and apply.
To that end, Mr. Hubbard developed a unique Study Technology to assist students to maximize comprehension and application of the material studied. Students doing several courses learn the basics of this system of study early on in their training.
The Course Player, Study Materials, and the Checksheet
The online training portal hosts a “course player” for each individual course. The course player includes all the materials you will study as well as directions on the practical steps, exercises, and essays you must complete in order to progress through the course.
Mr. Hubbard defines a checksheet as: “A list of materials, often divided into sections that give the theory and practical steps which, when completed, give one a study completion. The items are selected to add up to the required knowledge of a subject.” While studying online, your checksheet will be included in the course player, and will note the study steps, practical exercises, essays and various other actions you must complete to ensure you’re able to apply the material.
While on course, you’ll be working with several MGE Course Supervisors. MGE Course Supervisors are team members that are specially trained in techniques to ensure students rapidly learn, understand and can apply the material they are studying. MGE employs a number of Course Supervisors to ensure every student gets the attention they need.
Completing Your Course
When you’ve finished your online course, you’ll be contacted by MGE’s Qualifications Division who will verify that you’ve obtained the expected product from the course and that you’re satisfied with the result. To verify your understanding, some MGE courses have a written test that you will take as part of the completion process. If there is something you missed, not a problem. We will help you restudy that area to make sure you can fully apply what you are learning.
MGE TRAINING PORTAL GUIDELINES
Our purpose is to deliver the highest quality training possible in an efficient, fun and distraction-free environment. The most important thing to us is that you can apply the material studied on these courses to your job and get the results you are looking for to improve things at your office. With this in mind, we ask that all students observe the following guidelines. If you have any questions about these, just ask a Course Supervisor and they will be happy to answer them.
- TRAINING ON YOUR OWN-DETERMINISM: At MGE, we believe strongly in individual rights and freedoms. That includes the subject of training. When someone studies without an individual decision or desire to learn, they see less than ideal or no results. As such, we ask that every student, when attending an MGE online course, be attending on their own determinism. If you are an employee, your employer may have asked that you attend this course, which is great, but we want to ensure that 1) you want to be here and 2) you are here to learn the information being taught with the intention of applying it at your office. If this is not the case, please speak with your practice owner. It is our intention that what you learn helps you do your job better and increases productivity, efficiency, and overall conditions in your office.
- STAYING ENGAGED: As this is a learning activity and we’re working to help you understand, retain and be able to apply as much of what you learn as possible, we ask that you do your best get adequate rest and food and that you refrain from excessive alcohol consumption while participating in the training. In other words, keep yourself in a condition to study and learn and try not to engage in anything that might impair your ability to learn. Additionally, we ask that students do not listen to music while studying (with or without headphones). Noise-canceling headphones are however acceptable.
- VIDEO OR AUDIO RECORDING: The MGE curriculum is copyrighted material. This includes not only the written materials you will study but also video presentations. As such, we ask that no pictures, video or audio recordings are made of our training material. If you find there is something you need that isn’t distributed during your course, we’ll make efforts to accommodate.
- SCHEDULE AND STUDY ENVIRONMENT: While you are studying in the online training portal, we ask that you maintain the same discipline on your study schedule as you would in MGE’s onsite courseroom. Set aside a fixed amount of time for your studies. Don’t take unscheduled breaks during your designated study time (other than the usual for the restroom, water, etc.) unless necessary. Ensure that you won’t be distracted during this time and study through to the end of this period.
- DISTRACTIONS: We want your training time to be distraction-free. If anyone or anything is distracting you from being able to fully focus on your studies, please try to resolve this.
- COURTESY AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS: MGE is an equal opportunity training facility. We welcome attendees of all races, nationalities, religions, ethnicities, etc. We expect everyone that attends an MGE program onsite or online to treat others they encounter here with courtesy and respect. We likewise expect you to be treated the same. Similarly, while we know people often have strong opinions about things, and we certainly encourage the polite exchange of different ideas, we recommend against trying to change anyone’s opinion or getting them to adopt a particular point of view whether it is social, political, religious, or otherwise, while attending an MGE program. If you feel you are being treated other than as required by this paragraph, please bring it to the attention of the VP Administration MGE at email@example.com.
- FEEDBACK: We are always looking to improve, and as such your feedback is an invaluable part of this process. On the days that you study, please email in a daily report to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know how your studies are going or to share your thoughts as to how you feel we could be or do better!
- STUDY AND APPLICATION: Your time at MGE or in our online portal is about you and your office! You and every other student we service are truly the most important people. We are singularly focused on helping you through your courses so that you can improve efficiency, productivity, and overall conditions in your practice. To make this happen, it’s important that you have a clear understanding of what you are studying, with no confusion, questions or anything of the like. To that end, the Hubbard Study Technology taught early in your training will help considerably.
Beyond this, we ask that if for any reason:
- You find your studies are going slow,
- You have questions that need to be cleared up,
- You feel like you’re not making sufficient progress, or
- Anything is occurring that is preventing you from achieving your goals as a student,
that you bring this to the attention of an MGE Course Supervisor immediately.
It’s important to us that you move through your studies in a rapid, efficient manner – while understanding what you are learning, and knowing you will be able to apply it at your office. And even more so, that you achieve the goals that brought you to us. The Supervisors are here to help!
- MGE ONLINE TRAINING PORTAL SCHEDULE: The MGE Online Training Portal is available for your access 24/7. MGE supervisors are available to service you Tuesday through Saturday, from 9:30 am to 8:30 pm EST.
Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this site including but not limited to the text and images and their arrangement are the property of MGE or its licensors and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved. All trademarks used or referred to in this site are the property of their respective owners.
Nothing contained in this site shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to any copyright, trademark or other proprietary interest of MGE or any third party. This site and the content, including but not limited to graphic images, audio, video, html, code, buttons, and text, may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, transmitted or distributed in any way without MGE’s prior written consent, except that where expressly indicated, you may download and display on any single computer, and print one copy of, the materials solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not modify the material in any way and you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
“Website” means all information, content, concepts, program interfaces, structures, functionality, computer code, published materials, electronic documents, graphic files and other technology inherent in MGE’s website located at MGEtraining.com (or such other web address selected by MGE from time to time).
“Services” means the courses, seminars and other content you accesses on the Website, including all content, features, functionality, information, software, text, documents, charts, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof.
“Client” refers to an individual or legal entity that has the right to access the Website via a Services purchase.
“you” refers to you, whether you access the Website as a Client or an Authorized End User.
“Virus” means any item or device (including any software, code, file or program) which is designed to i) prevent, impair or otherwise adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or network, any telecommunications service, equipment or network or any other service or device; ii) prevent, impair or otherwise adversely affect access to or the operation of any program or data, including the reliability of any program or data (whether by rearranging, altering or erasing the program or data in whole or part or otherwise); or iii) adversely affect the user experience, including worms, trojan horses, viruses and other similar things or devices.
2) WARRANTIES, RIGHTS, REPRESENTATIONS, RESTRICTIONS, AND OBLIGATIONS.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you are granted a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, and non-sub-licensable right to access that portion of the Website applicable to the Services purchased by you or on your behalf. By agreeing to grant such access, MGE does not obligate itself to maintain the Website, or to maintain it in its present form. MGE may upgrade, modify, change or enhance the Services and/or the platform on which the Services are delivered at any time in its sole discretion.
You promise, acknowledge, and agree:
- Access privileges may not be transferred to any third-parties.
- You will not access, store, distribute or transmit any Viruses.
- You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to use of the Website and the Services.
- You will not rent, lease, sublicense, re-sell, distribute, transfer, copy or modify the Services or any component thereof without MGE’s express written authorization.
- You will not translate, decompile, or create or attempt to create, by reverse engineering or otherwise, the source code from the object code.
- You will not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit the Services or any portion thereof without express written authorization from MGE.
- You will not delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from materials you download from the Website or which are contained in the Services.
- You are solely responsible for acquiring, installing, operating and maintaining the hardware and software environment, network connections, and telecommunication links, necessary to access and use the Services.
Client promises to obtain any and all consents required by law, including but not limited to, (i) consent to transfer personally identifiable information of your Authorized End Users (ii) consent to compile reports as to usage of the Services by your Authorized End Users and provide such reports to Client, and (iii) any other consents that may be required in order for us to provide the Services to Client and Client’s Authorized End Users (such as any consent required by a governmental agency, or consent from the parents or legal guardians of your Authorized End Users where necessary, etc.
3) AVAILABILITY OF WEBSITE.
You recognize that the traffic of data through the Internet may cause delays during the download of information from the Website and accordingly, you shall not hold MGE liable for delays that are ordinary in the course of Internet use. You further acknowledge and accept that you will not have access to the Services while MGE is upgrading, modifying or performing standard maintenance of the Website.
4) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
The Services are owned by MGE, its licensors or other providers of such material, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
No right, title or interest in or to the Services or any portion thereof, is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted herein, are reserved by MGE.
The MGE name, the MGE logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of MGE or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of the MGE. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
5) COMPANY OBLIGATIONS.
MGE will use commercially reasonable efforts to enable the Services to be accessible, except for scheduled site modifications, maintenance and required repairs, and except for any interruption due to causes beyond the reasonable control of, or not reasonably foreseeable by MGE, including but not limited to any Force Majeure Event (as defined below). This undertaking shall not apply to the extent of access issues caused by use of the Services contrary to MGE’s instructions, or modification or alteration of the Services by any party other than MGE. MGE will use reasonable commercial endeavors to correct any interruption in access or provide you with an alternative means of access when possible.
7) USE OF CONTENT.
You agree to use the Website content only for learning and/or referents purposes or as otherwise described in any purchase agreement between MGE and Client, and for no other purpose.
8) THIRD PARTY LINKS OR INFORMATION.
The Website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by or related to MGE. MGE is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such third-party websites, and does not investigate, monitor, or check these websites for accuracy or completeness.
9) DISCLAIMERS OF STATEMENTS/WARRANTIES.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY STATEMENTS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
10) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
IN NO EVENT SHALL MGE, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR MANAGERS (COLLECTIVELY “MGE”) BE LIABLE TO YOU, ANY CLIENT, ANY AUTHORIZED END USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR OF ANY WEBSITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO OR FROM THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF MGE, IF ANY, FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00), REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, INDEMNIFICATION OR OTHERWISE. THE EXISTENCE OF MULTIPLE CLAIMS WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. MGE DOES NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT ITS LIABILITY FOR MATTERS FOR WHICH IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR MGE TO EXCLUDE OR ATTEMPT TO EXCLUDE ITS LIABILITY.
CLIENT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CLAIMS AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE MISUSE OF THE SERVICES BY CLIENT OR ITS AUTHORIZED END USERS.
Provisions relating to use of the Website and Website content, proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranty, indemnification, and limitation of liability shall survive any termination of your use of the Website and/or the Services.
14) GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE.
Legal notices may be sent to MGE at email@example.com (if by email), or by a commercial overnight carrier service to MGE: Management Experts, Attention: Legal Department, 11800 30th Court North St. Petersburg, FL 33716. Notices to Client may be sent to the email address supplied by Client as part of its registration data, as updated from time to time, or MGE may broadcast notices or messages through the Website to inform of changes to the Website or other matters of importance. Any such broadcast shall constitute notice to you to the extent permitted by applicable law.
16) FORCE MAJEURE.
MGE will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations that is caused by a Force Majeure Event, including but not limited to restrictions of law, regulations, orders, or other governmental directives, labor disputes, acts of God, third party mechanical or other equipment breakdowns, terrorist attacks, fire, explosions, fiber optic cable cuts, interruption or failure of telecommunications or digital transmission links, Internet failures or delays, storms or other similar events.
19) WAIVER AND AMENDMENT.
Revised: April 9, 2020